Thursday, January 9, 2014

TNA and You

Yes, I think by now, everyone has watched, or heard. . . . . .avoided watching TNA Impact tonight because of the way things went down. Indeed, it seems that AJ Styles has finished his time with TNA and Magnus is now going forward as the Heavyweight Champion for the company. But wait a minute, you question me, what would they let go of a man who has been with the company since the very beginning? Why would they do that to AJ on his last night with the company and let Magnus take the win?

Because TNA is stupid.

I remember watching TNA many years ago and how they put many great matches. I recall cheering whenever Petey Williams hit the Canadian Destroyer on his opponents. When Joe was an undefeated machine, where Abyss wasn't wearing a suit. Ah yes, what about that, "Thing with the X in the middle" match that could leave us all in shock. But where did it all go wrong? TNA has made a lot of bad mistakes but after what we saw tonight, I have no doubt it was one of the worst shows I've seen in a long time.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Magnus and his beautiful flying elbow. But I just don't think he's the one to carry a company forward when they are already in the ground to begin with. AJ was there for the company since the beginning and he knew something had to be done.

So he left.

Even looking back at his title loss to Rob Van Dam, RVD didn't hook the leg. I wonder if that was what AJ meant in his most recent shoot.

Bottom line is that TNA is not having a good day at the moment. Yes we can have a new face going forward with Magnus, but how long is it going to take them to realize that they are moving backwards with every step they try to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment